Terms of loan/Eligibility
Students are eligible to apply for education loans if they fulfill the following conditions:
- Malaysian citizens;
- Not exceeding 45 years of age on date of application;
- PTPTN loans are only available for Full-Time programmes;
- (PTPTN does not provide loans for Foundation or Matriculation programmes or 'O' Levels or any other qualification not specified above)
Minimum Qualification Requirement to apply for loan:
1. SPM with 3 credits in any subjects including a Pass (min. P8) in Bahasa Malaysia
Students may also apply with the following results/qualifications:
2. UEC with 3 credits in any subjects;
3. Foundation results and 5 credits in SPM including a pass (min. P8) for Bahasa Malaysia;
Diploma Transcripts/Certificate & minimum 3 credits in SPM including a pass (min. P8) for Bahasa Malaysia;
STPM with CGPA 2.0 and above for 2 subjects including Pengajian Am and minimum 5 credits in SPM including a pass (minimum P8) for Bahasa Malaysia;
'A' Level with minimum 2 principal passes & minimum 5 credits in SPM including a pass minimum P8) for Bahasa Malaysia;
Diploma graduates from Public Polytechnics and Vocational Institutions.
Note : Foundation results or Diplomas from other colleges must be accredited by MQA.
- A Registered Student to pursue programmes approved by the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) and Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA);
- All students must possess Entry Requirements determined by the Ministry of Higher Education to pursue the programme. For students with qualifications that differ from that stipulated, verification that the said qualification is equivalent to the required qualification must be obtained from departments or agencies specified by PTPTN;
- The remaining period of study upon application must exceed one (1) year;
- Have no other sponsor;
- For students applying for the second time, loans extended earlier by PTPTN must be settled in full prior to a fresh application (applicable for transferred student or graduates from other institution);
- Students who have received PTPTN loan through previous colleges / universities but have left or have not completed their course, are required to terminate the contract and make full payment with PTPTN before a new application can be made;
- Students who have completed the diploma and received a PTPTN loan, kindly fill up Borang Penangguhan Bayaran Balik. Please print out the form from the PTPTN website;
- As of Jan 2012, it is compulsory to open a SSPN (Skim Simpanan Pendidikan Nasional) account if students want to apply for a PTPTN loan.
Note: The Maximum Amount of Loans provided by PTPTN for Bachelor Degree programmes are RM16,000 per year for Bachelor of Arts and RM16,500 per year for Bachelor of Science. The amount may be varied according to PTPTN's approval and the eligibility of the students based on the family income.
The approval of loans is subject to PTPTN's discretion.
- Students applying for PTPTN loans shall be registered under the MIU installment fee payment scheme and are required to pay the initial fees.
- For the duration of the loan processing period until loan approval and funds disbursement, students must continue paying their installment dues as per normal.
Note: PTPTN will only disburse the payments to students who obtain a minimum GPA of 2.0 during the course duration.
Students who do not achieve a GPA of 2.0 will not be eligible to receive payment for that semester. In this case the student will have to make his/her own arrangement to settle the semester fee.
Steps to apply PTPTN loan
Students are required to proceed in opening a savings account (Student Personal Account – under the student's personal name) with CIMB Bank as this is the only bank approved by PTPTN for Manipal International University (MIU).
Students are then required to obtain a PIN NUMBER at a cost of RM 5.00 from BSN (Bank Simpanan Nasional) to apply for the PTPTN Loan using the online system (http://epinjaman.ptptn.gov.my). The PIN number will only be valid for a period of 6 months.
Students may proceed to apply for the loan through MIU by obtaining the MIU-PTPTN Application Form. MIU will assist students in completing the online application on the PTPTN website http://epinjaman.ptptn.gov.my. Students will need to fill-up the MIU-PTPTN Application Form and submit it to MIU only during the eligibility period below:
PTPTN Online Application Dates for MIU are as follows: (application eligibility period)
a) 30th March
b) 30th April
c) 30th September
d) 30th October
Students are advised to check the details thoroughly before submission. Students are requested to submit all the supporting documents together with the MIU-PTPTN Application Form (see Appendix A – Supporting Documents).
Students can check the status of the application after 7 working days from the closing datelines below:
a) 30th March
b) 30th April
c) 30th September
d) 30th October
Students may also be notified of the status through e-mail and text message.
Student Services will assist the students to print out the Education Loan Agreement and the students will need to initial and verify all the documents. The students need to buy 2 pieces of Revenue Stamps at any POS Malaysia offices. Completed documents should be submitted to MIU before the date of the collection by PTPTN Officers.
Student Services will advise & make arrangements for the PTPTN officers to collect the hardcopies of the agreement & the required supporting documents for successful applicants. Announcements will be made on the web portal and at all notice boards.
Appendix A – Supporting Documents
All applications must be accompanied by ONE (1) CERTIFIED TRUE COPY of the following supporting documents:
- Student's identity card; (front and back of IC on the same page);
- SPM/SPMV certificate (a copy of the SPM examination result transcript will only be accepted if the period does not exceed TWO YEARS, i.e. commencing from year of SPM examination to year of PTPTN application / police report accompanied by SPM slip in case of missing or lost);
- Letter of Offer from MIU;
- Personal Savings Account Book (the main page with account number)/ Bank Deposit Slip/ Personal account number certification according to banks specified by the IPT (CIMB);
- Other qualification certificates/transcripts. Example: STPM/Diploma/Matriculation/Master;
- Pay slip / Government Pensioner's Card / J/EA/EC/BA Form / Income Certification Form / Pension Statement / of PARENT/GUARDIAN 1;
- Pay slip / Government Pensioner's Card / J/EA/EC/BA Form / Income Certification Form / Pension Statement / of GUARDIAN 2;
- Pay slip / J/EA/EC/BA Form / Income Certification Form of APPLICANT (if applicable);
- Pay slip / J/EA/EC/BA Form / Income Certification Form of APPLICANT'S SPOUSE (if applicable);
- Identification card / Passport of BIOLOGICAL FATHER;
- Identification card / Passport of BIOLOGICAL MOTHER;
- Certificate of Death if deceased or Statutory Declaration if cannot be detected of BIOLOGICAL FATHER (if applicable);
- Certificate of Death if deceased or Statutory Declaration if cannot be detected of BIOLOGICAL MOTHER (if applicable);
- Confirmation Letter from Welfare Department/ Zakat Centre if receiving monthly payment from the agency - APPLICANT / MOTHER/ FATHER/ GUARDIAN (if applicable).
- For students who applied on the 2nd semester and above, additional supporting documents as follows is also needed:
- Confirmation Letter from IPT (to prove that the applicant is still studying);
- Exam Results Slip of every semester before application.