Thank you for your interest in pursuing your tertiary education with us at Manipal International University. Please follow the steps below carefully to ensure that your relocation to Malaysia will be a pleasant experience for you.
STEP ONE – University Application
Please prepare the following documents to be delivered to Manipal International University.
- A complete Application Form
- Application fees of USD170 or RM500 (via telegraphic transfer/bank draft, see below).
- 8 passport-sized colour photographs (3.5cm x 5cm - Head Size: 2.5cm x 3cm)
- 3 full and clear copies of ALL pages of your passport(s) on A4-sized paper (2 passport pages per A4 sheet, with NO enlargement) including the blank pages**
- A certified true copy of academic transcript (or results slip) for O-Levels/Year 10 or equivalent
- A certified true copy of academic transcript (or results slip) for A-Levels/Year 12/Pre-U or equivalent
- Certified true copies of relevant academic transcripts/results for Diploma / Bachelor or Equivalent Qualification/s
- One (1) copy of completed Health Examination Medical Report (valid within 3 months before registration), attached with all the original laboratory results and chest X-ray film and report.
- 5 full and clear copies of ALL pages of your passport(s)** (for students from China ONLY)
- NOC (No Objection Certificate) from the education authorities/ministry of their home country (applicable for Sub-Saharan students ONLY)
- All documents mentioned above MUST be certified true copies, sighted by the relevant authorities in your home country.
- If the documents are in a language other than English, they MUST be translated to English and certified as true copies by the relevant authorities.
- The Malaysian Immigration Department will not issue any Special Pass for applicants who are in Malaysia with a Social Visit Pass. Therefore, if the applicant is currently in Malaysia on a Social Visit Pass, the applicant MUST leave Malaysia before the Student Pass can be issued.
- It is highly recommended that the applicant’s passport is valid for the minimum duration of the programme. If the passport is expiring within one year from the time an application is to be accepted, please apply for a new passport and submit photocopies of ALL pages for BOTH passports.
Please send the documents required above to the following address:
Manipal International University
No. 2, Jalan Stadium SS7/15, Kelana Jaya
47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan
By email to email@example.com (scanned copies of the required documents to be attached).
Back to Top
Step TWO – Payment of Application Fee
An Application Fee of USD 170 (RM 500) is required for all international applications. Payment is to be made via telegraphic transfer/bank draft based on the information below:
||Manipal International University
||Malayan Banking Berhad
||5125 6710 1253
||G-M Floor Bangunan CGC,
97 Kelana Business Centre, Jalan SS 7/2,
47301 Petaling Jaya
Selangor Darul Ehsan
||Kelana Jaya Business Centre SC Branch
Please scan and email the telegraph slip or the bank draft slip to firstname.lastname@example.org (please write your name on the slip)
Back to Top
Step THREE – Issuance of Offer Letter and Further Steps
- Upon receipt of ALL documents and Application Fee, MIU will then assess the applicant’s qualifications for entry.
- If the student meets the entry requirements, MIU will then issue the Letter of Offer to the student. A copy of the Letter of Offer and the Student Bill, , indicating the costs relevant to the First Semester, to be paid up front, will be scanned and emailed to the student.
- The documents will then be submitted to the Malaysian Immigration Department for Student Visa Application (for more information, please see below).
- Visa Application will usually take 6 - 8 weeks. Upon receipt of the Visa Approval Letter (VAL) from the Malaysia Immigration Department, MIU will scan and email a copy to the applicant.
- Once the Visa has been approved, the Applicant is required to make payment based on the Student Bill, which includes (the first Semester’s Fees, Miscellaneous Fee; Administration Fee and International Student Fee) to MIU. Payment is to be made via telegraphic transfer based on the information stated under Step 2.
- Once payment is made, the Applicant is required to fax or scan and email ONE (1) copy of Telegraphic Transfer (TT) Application Fee Receipt (name written at the front) to MIU at + 603 –7803-2921 or email@example.com.
- Upon receipt of payment as stated in the Student Bill, MIU will then mail the Offer Pack which includes the Original Copy of the Offer Letter (OL) and Visa Approval Letter (VAL).
Back to Top
- ALL STUDENTS MUST attend the Orientation with no exceptions. Students are not allowed to come in after the stated dates.
- Please take note that effective on 1st December 2008, all international students are required to meet the mandatory health examination requirement as a condition to study in Malaysia, as imposed by the Malaysia Ministry of Higher Education. Also effective on 1st January 2011, all international students from Sub-Saharan countries only are required to meet the mandatory 'No Objection Certificate' (NOC) requirement as a condition to study in Malaysia, as imposed by the Malaysia Ministry of Higher Education.
- Special note to African students: You are required to take the necessary inoculation(s) (injections), especially the Yellow Fever Vaccination, before coming to Malaysia. A copy of the Medical Certificate must be produced for verification by the Malaysian Immigrations Department.
- Kindly check with your home country's Immigration Authorities and the Malaysian Embassy/High Commission at your home country for details of the requirements as the requirements for each country differs.
- You may also contact our International Office at +603-78832157 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Back to Top
International students must comply with the policies set by the Immigrations Department of Malaysia. Please adhere strictly to the requirements to minimize delay or other problems that may arise.
- A valid passport with a minimum one and half year (18 months) validity is required to apply for your student visa. You need to obtain an approval letter from the Malaysian Immigrations Department prior to entering the country via the University.
- You must forward all the necessary documentation to the MIU Admissions Office before an application can be made for your Student Pass or Visa.
- MIU will apply for a Student Pass / Visa on your behalf.
- The whole process with COMPLETE DOCUMENTS for application, submission and approval for the Immigrations Visa Approval Letter will take approximately 6 to 8 weeks.
- Once approved, the Malaysian Immigration Department will issue the Visa Approval Letter (VAL).
- Please seek advice from the nearest Malaysian Embassy, High Commission regarding the latest requirements to obtain an entry visa specific to your country/region before entering Malaysia.
- It is advisable that you obtain your Visa Approval Letter before entering to study in Malaysia to avoid any issues or problems coming to study in Malaysia.
Please note that the Visa Approval Letter is (VAL) ONLY valid for three (3) months
- Upon receiving your entry visa, you are to inform MIU within a minimum of seven working days before departing from your country.
- Bring along a copy of your Visa Approval Letter (VAL).
- The MIU representatives will meet you at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport to assist you in processing your entry visa at the Immigration checkpoint.
- Please report to the International Office during the Orientation with your original passport and Letter of Offer.
Social / Tourist Pass
- It is illegal to study in Malaysia under a social / tourist pass.
- A Special Pass MAY BE granted at the discretion of the Director-General of Immigrations or person acting on his behalf.
- The Director-General has the right to reject any Special Pass application without giving any reasons.
- The University strongly discourages the use of Social Visas to enter Malaysia before receiving your Visa Approval Letter. Please be reminded that as the MIU cannot guarantee your application for Student Visa / Pass will be approved, it may place your studies at high risk.
Back to Top
Transfer Students from Other Colleges/Universities
- Students who wish to change colleges / universities after receiving your Student Visa/Pass will need to obtain approval from the Malaysia Immigration Department.
- Any transfer student who wishes to study at MIU has to cancel his/her Student Pass from the previous college / university. We advise such students to submit all the relevant documents to the International Office to facilitate return to his/her home country.
- Students are encouraged to enter Malaysia after they have obtained the VAL from the Immigration Department which will be sent to the students by the University.
- Students holding a valid pass under one college / university are not allowed to study in any other institution.